END MILL SELECTION BASICS
- END MILLS have cutting teeth on both end and side, permitting end cutting and peripheral cutting. Center cutting types permit plunge and traverse milling.
- CUTTING EDGE: Select sharp edged for faster speeds. Select radial edged for longer tool life.
- SHANK DIAMETER: Select largest diameter available to maximize rigidity and minimize axial deflection and chatter.
- NUMBER OF FLUTES: Select fewer flutes for milling softer materials at higher speeds and feeds where more chip space is required or when machine horsepower is limited.
- Select more flutes for milling tougher materials at reduced speeds and feeds or for increased table feeds using the same cutting speeds.
- CUTTING DIAMETER: Select largest practical diameter to maximize rigidity, minimize chatter and improve tool life. If machine spindle speed is limited, the largest practical diameter permits higher cutting speeds.
- FLUTE AXIAL RELATIONSHIP: Select straight flutes for usual general purpose.
- Select right spiral flutes for improved cutting action and easier chip removal.
- Select left spiral flutes for use in absorbing impact shock when entering steel work piece maintains constant hold down pressure, and minimizes chatter.
- Select high spiral (15° or more) to dramatically improve cutting action, finish, chip removal and tool life. High spirals distribute impact load more evenly throughout the tool’s entire revolution.
Availabilty: In Stock
Availabilty In Stock
Carbide Tipped Corner Round End MIlls .187 .203 .218 .250 .312 .343 .375 .406 .437 .468 .500 .562 .625 Radius ID 1873
Availabilty: In Stock 5-10 days
CARBIDE TIPPED 6-FLUTE 3° HELIX 19.001 RADIUS PROFILE TOOL 1.250ø SHANK W/ WELDON FLATS ID 364879-TC-19001E-EM
366504-TC-871X525-HM CARBIDE TIPPED 3-FLUTE HOLLOW MILL .871ø OD X .525ø ID X .500 DEEP X .875ø SHANK X 3.0 Inch OAL